PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court on June 2, 2023
- Traffic Division
Illinois Office of Comptroller – General Counsel – Chicago, IL 2/2020 – 6/2023
- Chief Legal Officer leading a team of attorneys in Chicago and Springfield to provide legal and
subject matter expertise on legislation, finance, operations, compliance, labor, and employment.
- Manager of complex and professional legal services to maintain the State’s central fiscal accounts,
order payments through the Treasury, and conduct audits and reports on the State’s fiscal health.
- Director of litigation strategy, overseeing all aspects of administrative, state, and federal
litigation, including discovery, research, pleadings, and advocacy.
Cook County – Special Prosecutor – Cook County, IL 12/2020 –7/2023
- Appointed by the Presiding Judge of the Child Protection Division due to a prominent and
pertinent record to advocate for clients in contested Juvenile Court proceedings.
UIC John Marshall Law School – Adjunct Professor, Counseling & Negotiations- Chicago, IL 01/2020 – Present
- Utilizing practical expertise and experience to execute lessons plans focused on client advocacy.
Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services – Chicago, IL 08/2016 – 02/2020
Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Eligibility 8/2016 – 2/2020
- Managed administrative, state, and federal litigation; led multimillion-dollar negotiations and
settlements; reviewed administrative appeals and ALJ recommendations for legal sufficiency.
- Directed legal compliance efforts by counseling staff on state and federal law focused on public
assistance for elderly, disabled, and indigent populations.
- Drafted and reviewed contracts, policies, procedures, and proposed legislation
Administrative Law Judge, Bureau of Administrative Hearings 10/2014 – 08/2016
- Presided over 200 state fair hearings and medical vendor hearings, including Medicaid managed
care and provider appeals involving fraud, waste, and abuse; high volume case management.
- Managed complex calls; analyzed evidence, weighed credibility, and made factual and legal
determinations in adjudicating cases, ensuring ethical decision-making, impartiality, sensitivity
to diversity, sound judgment, and jurisprudence. Researched and wrote hundreds of complex
recommended decisions that withstood scrutiny in Circuit Court.
Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office – Chicago, IL
Assistant State’s Attorney, Special Prosecutions Bureau 03/2013 – 10/2014
- Exhibited specialized knowledge and experience to prosecute complex white-collar crimes in the
Financial Crimes and Public Corruption Unit; jury and bench trial experience.
- Communicated and coordinated cross-functionally during long-term, proactive investigations
with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, law firms, banks, and businesses.
Assistant State’s Attorney, Juvenile Justice Bureau 08/2010 – 03/2013
Assistant State’s Attorney, Civil Actions Bureau 05/2008 – 08/2010
Juris Doctor (JD) – UIC School of Law
- R.R. Donnelly Academic and Public Interest Scholarship (2005 – 2008)
- IL Supreme Court Rule 711 Law Clerk (2006 – 2008); SALSA; APALSA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Finance – Loyola University of New Orleans
- Business Scholarship for Academic Excellence (1998 – 2002)
- Junior Achievement Teacher; Peer Tutoring; Bengali dance teacher
LEADERSHIP, AFFILIATIONS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Northwestern Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences: Leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- SABA North America Leadership Institute fellow (2022)
- South Asian Bar Association of Chicago Foundation
President (2021); Board Member (2018 – Present)
- South Asian Bar Association of Chicago
Advisory Council (2019 – Present)
President (2018); President-Elect (2017), VP Programming (2016)
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
Financial Secretary (Present); Board Member (2021 – 2023)
Committees: Diversity, Legally Moms, Government Lawyers, & Legislative Committees;
former member Judicial Evaluations, Judicial Reception, Hooton Committees
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago
Treasurer (2022); Board Member (2014 – 2018); Member (2008 – Present); former
Chair Judicial Evaluations, Asian Bar Relations, Judicial Development, Community Outreach
- Additional Associations: ISBA, CBA, NAPABA, SABANA, multiple affinity and alliance bars
- The Chicago Lighthouse, Junior Board Member (2016 – Present)
- Recent speaking engagements (2022-2023): WBAI’s “Advocating for Yourself”, WBAI’s Legal
Writing to Writing Fiction”, DePaul College of Law’s “DEI and Bias in the Legal Profession”,
ISBA’s “Microaggressions and Networking”, General Counsel Midwest Conference’s “Beyond
Committing to DEI”, St. Ignatius College Prep’s “Diverse Practitioner’s Panel”
- Law School and High School Mock Trial Coach and Evaluator (2012 – Present)
Alliance of Bar Associations Ratings: